Thursday 16 August 2012

Right in the middle of it

 I should have done this a while ago... I hope you love when you get thrown in the middle of the story, without a clue of what is happening, and you have to figure out the characters and the main plot for the events that follows. Well in this case I don't have much choice  than start documenting from the middle of the story. What story?

Several months ago I began a journey in the world of render engines development. That's not entirely true... I wrote my first render engine  in 2002, It was a terrible scanliner with plenty of bugs and limitations. It was reading a Maya file and rendering one line at a time gray shaders on polygonal surfaced... That project didn't last long.

Back to now. The project is called Glimpse. I have decided to write here my progress and failures. For the moment I just point you to a small video I recorder a few months ago... you know just to give you some background. More will come.

https://vimeo.com/40088608

No comments:

Post a Comment